Sacred Valley tour full day is in the region in Peru that stretches along the Urubamba River, between the towns of Pisac and Ollantaytambo. It was once the heartland of the Inca Empire and is home to many of its most impressive archaeological sites, including Machu Picchu, Ollantaytambo, Pisac, and Moray.
The Incas considered the valley to be sacred due to its natural beauty and fertile land. The area was also strategically important, as it provided a link between the highlands and the jungle, making it a key location for trade and military expansion.
Today, the Sacred Valley is a popular tourist destination and is visited by thousands of people every year who come to explore its ancient ruins, experience traditional Andean culture, and enjoy its stunning landscapes. It is also a gateway to Machu Picchu, one of the most famous and spectacular archaeological sites in the world.
HERE ARE SOME TIPS FOR YOUR SACRED VALLEY TOUR:
- Time of Year: The best time to visit the Sacred Valley is during the dry season, which runs from May to September. During this time, there is less rainfall and the weather is generally more predictable.
- Tour Company: There are many tour companies that offer tours of the Sacred Valley. Make sure to do your research and choose a reputable company that offers a well-planned itinerary and knowledgeable guides.
- Sites to Visit: There are many important sites to visit in the Sacred Valley, including Chinchero, Ollantaytambo, Pisac, Salineras de Maras and Moray.
- Make sure to choose a tour that includes the sites you’re most interested in seeing.
- Clothing: It’s important to dress appropriately for the weather and the activities you’ll be doing. Wear comfortable shoes and dress in layers, as the temperature can vary throughout the day.
- Respect for Culture: The Sacred Valley is home to many indigenous communities and it’s important to be respectful of their culture and customs. Make sure to ask for permission before taking photos and be respectful of local traditions and beliefs.
- Boleto Turistico: The Boleto Turistico is a ticket that grants access to several sites in the Sacred Valley, including Ollantaytambo, Pisac, Moray, and
- Chinchero. There are several different options for the Boleto Turistico, including a full ticket that grants access to all sites, or a partial ticket that grants access to a specific set of sites.