Salkantay trek 4 Days to Machu Picchu Immerse yourself in the breathtaking beauty of the Andes with our 4-Day Salkantay Trek to Machu Picchu, an ideal choice for adventurers with limited time but eager to experience the best of the Salkantay Trail. This condensed itinerary showcases the highlights of the 5-Day Salkantay Trek, taking you on a journey through diverse landscapes, from majestic mountains to stunning lagoons and glaciers.
Our 4-Day Salkantay Trek follows the same path as the 5-Day journey for the first three days, culminating at the Santa Teresa camp around 1:00 pm on Day 3. After a rejuvenating lunch, you’ll continue by car to the hydroelectric station, followed by a picturesque 3-hour hike along the train tracks to the charming town of Aguas Calientes.
Upon arrival, you’ll be escorted to your accommodation, where you’ll join a group that began their trek a day earlier. Together, you’ll enjoy dinner and embark on a guided tour of Machu Picchu on the final day.
Occasionally, we have enough participants to form exclusive 4-Day Trek groups, allowing you to journey solely with fellow adventurers and guides on the same itinerary.
SALKANTAY TREK 4 DAYS SUMMARY
- Starting Point: Your hotel in Cusco
- Pick-Up Time: Between 4:20 am and 4:50 am at your hotel, or at 5:00 am at the Machu Picchu Reservations office
- Ending Point: Cusco City Center – Plaza Regocijo
- Duration: 4 action-packed days and 3 memorable nights
- Departure: Daily departures to suit your schedule
- Group Size: Up to 16 adventurous travelers
- Duffle Bag: Included for packing up to 7 kg of your belongings
- Machu Picchu tickets: included in the package -CHECK DETAILS HERE-
- Dietary Options: Vegetarian and vegan meals available upon request at no extra charge
- Meals included: 4 breakfasts, 3 lunches, and 3 dinners included
- Free Storage: Available for your peace of mind -DETAILS HERE-
- High Season: From April to October
4 DAY SALKANTAY TREK HIGHLIGHTS
- Witness the mesmerizing turquoise waters of Humantay Lake on the first day of your trek, surrounded by the majestic Andean peaks.
- Experience an authentic Andean camping experience at the exclusive Quiswarniyoc private campsite, offering unparalleled views of the surrounding landscape.
- Conquer the challenging Salkantay Pass, bringing you up close and personal with the breathtaking Salkantay Mountain, a towering symbol of the Andes.
- Immerse yourself in the vibrant Amazon region, teeming with coffee, banana, and avocado plantations, showcasing the remarkable biodiversity of the area.
- Discover the enchanting Inca city of Machu Picchu on the final day of your tour, exploring one of the world’s most iconic archaeological sites.